One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
GF / DF Banana Bread
A recipe that is so simple, it’s almost not a recipe. (PLUS, it gives you a use for those banana you bought and forgot about!)
- 3 ripe bananas (read: browning / already black)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
** Double-check that the dough is cooked through by inserting a skewer (wooden or metal) into the thickest part of the loaf. If it comes out with no remnants of wet dough along it, you know that your loaf is cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Combine all wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour dry mixture into wet mixture and stir until the dry mixture is no longer visible.
- Divide the batter between two cake moulds.
- Bake 20 minues at 350*F. Remove from the moulds immediately and let cool on a rack.
On completion of cooking school in 2018, Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In her home by the river, she teaches clients to reclaim healthful culinary traditions of the past. Jan also hosts visitors to the region, ensuring that their dietary restrictions -- be they gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP -- are respected to a T.