One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
Bruschetta with Stone Fruit & Goat Cheese
— Gluten-Free —
Now that I have a great sourdough recipe, I’ve been taking full advantage the many wonderful bread-based appetizers that exist. This one is perfect for making use of summer’s stone fruit. Sweet and tart, it’s light but still nutritious, and a splash of balsamic reduction makes it over the top delicious!
2 slices GF sourdough bread, toasted
olive oil / lemon juice
apricot, nectarine, cherries, small dice
(ie 1 cup balsamic vinegar, simmered to desired thickness)
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl while you toast your slices of bread.
- When toast is ready, use a pastry brush to paint lemon / olive mixture on each slice of bread.
- Place a layer of goat cheese slices on each slice of bread.
- Add stone fruit mixture, and sprinkle with balsamic reduction.
- Garnish with fresh herbs (basil, lemon thyme) as desired.
On completion of cooking school in 2018,
Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In the kitchen of her 18th c. stone house, she helps people to adopt (or better adhere to) a gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP diet. Jan is also the producer of the podcast « Bien vivre, sans gluten, en France. »