One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
When you’re following an AIP diet, sometimes all you want is a sandwich. These wraps offer endless variety that is still compliant!
- 230g cassava flour
- 150g tapioca starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups water
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients.
- Add oil and water and stir to obtain a thin, homogenous mixture.
- Preheat your crepe-maker. When ready, pour 1/2 cup of batter onto the grill and use a batter-spreader to form a large circle.
- Allow each side to cook 1:30 mimutes. Remove from heat and stack on a plate, separated by parchment paper.
- Store in fridge, in a large ziplock bag, stacked and separated by parchment paper. Use for different applications within one week.
On completion of cooking school in 2018, Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In her 19th century home made of stone, she teaches clients to reclaim healthful culinary traditions from the past. Jan also hosts visitors to the region, ensuring that their dietary restrictions -- be they gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP -- are respected to a T.