One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
This dish reminds me of all of the lovely people
with whom I shared my days in Lebanon.
- 1 head of cauliflower, “riced”
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- several mint leaves
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 lemon, both zest and juice
- 1 pomegranate
- olive oil
- Rice your cauliflower and set aside. (You can do this step in advance, and keep “cauliflower rice” in the freezer to save time.)
- Finely mince your herbs and onion.
- Wash, grate, and juice your lemon.
- Open your pomegranate and place the seeds in a bowl.
- In a large frying pan, sauté your onion in a small amount of olive oil.
- Add the riced cauliflower and continue to fry until it begins to brown.
- Remove from the heat and lay out on a cookie sheet; place in the fridge to cool.
- Once the cauliflower mixture has cooled, add in chopped herbs, pomegranate seeds, lemon juice and zest, and more olive oil (to taste).
- Season with salt and reserve in the fridge. Serve cold.
On completion of cooking school in 2018, Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In her 19th century home made of stone, she teaches clients to reclaim healthful culinary traditions from the past. Jan also hosts visitors to the region, ensuring that their dietary restrictions -- be they gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP -- are respected to a T.