One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
— gluten-free / Paleo —
“Breaded” with a mixture of almond powder and spices, these chicken tenders are cruncy on the outside but juicy on the inside. Baked in the oven, they’re nothing but good, real food!
- 1lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup almond powder
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in one mixing bowl.
- Break eggs into a 2nd bowl and mix.
- One by one, dip each chicken tender first into the egg mixture, and then into the flour mixture. Use a spoon to ensure that its entire surface is powdered with the flour mixture.
- Place the powdered chicken tenders on a wire oven rack, set onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. (That way, any crumbs that flake off during baking won’t mess up your oven!)
- Bake 16-18 minutes at 350*F.
- Serve with vegetable accompaniments and your favourite dip.
On completion of cooking school in 2018, Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In her 19th century home made of stone, she teaches clients to reclaim healthful culinary traditions from the past. Jan also hosts visitors to the region, ensuring that their dietary restrictions -- be they gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP -- are respected to a T.