One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
Cod Tartare with Avocado
Gluten-free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, AIP
Whenever I need a quick appetizer, but something a bit sophisticated nonetheless… (and nutrient-dense, of course)…
I turn to a tartare.
The main ingredient is frozen, so no shopping required.
No long list of ingredients either.
Heck, there isn’t even any cooking involved!
Always keep a bit of fish in the freezer.
That way, you can just move it to the fridge in the morning…
and then assemble all of the ingredients
around 30-minutes before eating.
What could be easier ?!
- 4 filets of frozen cod
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 3 cm of cucumber, small dice
- chives, minced
- zest and juice of one lemon
For the avocado
- the flesh of 1 avocado, blended or medium diced
- the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- In the morning, move your frozen cod to the fridge.
- In the evening, chop your cod filets coarsely to create an even texture.
- Add all of the other ingredients and chill in the fridge.
- Blend or chop your avocado with the lemon juice, and chill it in the fridge as well.
- Ten minutes before eating, plate your dish forming first a bed of avocado, and then spreading an even layer of tartar on top.
- Enjoy !
On completion of cooking school in 2018,
Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In the kitchen of her 18th c. stone house, she helps people to adopt (or better adhere to) a gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP diet. Jan is also the producer of the podcast « Bien vivre, sans gluten, en France. »