One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
There’s nothing more refreshing than an entrée made from cucumber and mint on a hot summer’s day!
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 small clove garlic
- 12 mint leaves
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- coconut water to desired texture
- Peel cucumber, and use an apple corer to remove the seeded central part.
- Rinse your mint leaves and remove stems.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend.
- Slowly, add coconut water to obtain a thick but pourable homogenous texture.
- Pour into verrine glasses and chill for 1hr before service.
On completion of cooking school in 2018,
Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In her home made of stone, she teaches clients to reclaim healthful culinary traditions. Jan hosts visitors to the region, ensuring that their dietary restrictions -- be they GF, Paleo, or AIP -- are respected to a T.