One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
Endive / Apple Salad
Gluten-free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, AIP
Here’s a crunchy, light appetizer
that will actually stimulate quality digestion (read: gastric juices)
via its slightly bitter / acidic flavours. Yum!
- 2 endives
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 3 TBSP coconut yoghurt
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- sumac powder for plating
- Chop your endives « julienne » (ie in small, thin sticks).
- Peel your apple and chop them julienne as well.
- Sprinkle all with lemon juice (to prevent browning).
- Pour coconut yoghurt on top and mix in as a « vinaigrette ». Reserve in the fridge.
- Plate your salad using a round bowl or other shape. Sprinkle with sumac powder, for a hint of colour (and further acidity).
On completion of cooking school in 2018,
Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In the kitchen of her 18th c. stone house, she helps people to adopt (or better adhere to) a gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP diet. Jan is also the producer of the podcast « Bien vivre, sans gluten, en France. »