One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
GF / DF Gingerbread
How better to spend a cold afternoon than
by decorating seasonal cookies?
Let your imagination run wild…
these are just upside-down gingerbread men,
iced and decorated slightly differently.
- 30g buckwheat flour
- 85g tapioca starch
- 120g rice flour
- 155g sweet rice flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1.5 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 100g icing sugar
- 100g brown sugar
- 105g SOFT coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- In a first mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In a second mixing bowl, beat SOFT coconut oil with the two sugars. Add the egg and molasses and continue to beat until you obtain a smooth texture.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, and combine using a spatula. Switch to your hands at some point, kneading until it all comes together in a ball. (If you still think it’s too dry, add water 1 tsp at a time until it comes together.)
- Between 2 sheets of parchment paper, use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to the desired thickness of your cookies.
- Use cookie cutters to form the desired shape.
- Bake 10-12 minutes in a 350*F oven.
- Allow to cool completely before icing.
A couple of other ideas…
On completion of cooking school in 2018,
Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In the kitchen of her 18th c. stone house, she helps people to adopt (or better adhere to) a gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP diet. Jan is also the producer of the podcast « Bien vivre, sans gluten, en France. »