One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
Lemon Panna Cotta
— GF/DF, Paleo, AIP —
Sometimes, a meal just doesn’t feel complete without a little bit of something in the form of a dessert. This recipe is the perfect compromise for people who like the idea of dessert, but who don’t want all of the sugar that it usually represents.
- 400ml coconut milk
- 125ml water
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp gelatin
- Place water in a small pot and sprinkle gelatin onto the surface. Let “bloom” for 3-5 minutes.
- Combine all other ingredients in a pitcher.
- When you can no longer see any dry gelatin on the surface of the water, place pot over low heat. Stir constantly until all of the gelatin granules have dissolved, but DO NOT BOIL.
- Add gelatin mixture to the pitcher and stir well before pouring into molds.
- Reserve in the fridge several hours to “set”. (The lemon zest may separate from the coconut mixture and create an intense lemon layer. See photo above.)
- Unmold panna cottas and plate with other fruit, or garnish with edible dried flowers.
On completion of cooking school in 2018, Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In her 19th century home made of stone, she teaches clients to reclaim healthful culinary traditions from the past. Jan also hosts visitors to the region, ensuring that their dietary restrictions -- be they gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP -- are respected to a T.