One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
Pear « Amandines »
Apple, Pear, Peach… this dessert is equally delicious, whatever its fruit component. Choosing whichever fruit is in season will necessarily up the nutrient-density of this dessert as well!
- seasonal fruit of choice (apples, pears, peaches, apricots), peeled and halved
- 2 eggs
- 60g brown sugar
- 65g coconut oil (soft!)
- 65g almond powder
- 30g tapioca starch
- vanilla or almond flavouring (to taste)
- Peel, remove the stone, and half your fruit, as necessary. (In the case of apples, remember to sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.).
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients (except the fruit) and mix to form a smooth batter. ** The coconut oil has to be very soft (or even liquid), or it will ultimately block the nozzle on your piping bag. **.
- Put the batter into a piping bag, with a fairly large, round tip.
- Put the batter into your dishes by making concentric circles, from outside to inside until the entire surface of each dish is covered.
- Place one half-piece of fruit, face down, in the middle of each dish of batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake 8-10 minutes at 350*C.
On completion of cooking school in 2018,
Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In the kitchen of her 18th c. stone house, she helps people to adopt (or better adhere to) a gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP diet. Jan is also the producer of the podcast « Bien vivre, sans gluten, en France. »