One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
Thin-crust Pizza Crust (GF / DF, Paleo, & AIP)
A simple thin-crust pizza that will hold ALL of your favourite toppings!
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
Tomato sauce; ground beef; mozzarella; cheddar cheese; roasted red peppers
Guacamole; ground beef; duxelles; roasted red peppers; olives
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add olive oil and begin to stir.
- Slowly add the warm water, rolling the mixture with your hand to ultimately form a ball of dough. (You may or may not need to use all of the water. The coconut flour will gradually absorb the moisture, so add little bits slowly.)
- Flatten the ball of dough in the middle of a pie plate, and slowly press it outwards until the entire pie plate is evenly covered, and you have even created a low “edge” to the pizza crust.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust begins to turn gold in spots.
- Remove from oven, add toppings and return to oven for 8-10 minutes to bake toppings. (If topping with cheeses, return to oven on “broil” setting to facilitate melting.)
On completion of cooking school in 2018, Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In her home by the river, she teaches clients to reclaim healthful culinary traditions of the past. Jan also hosts visitors to the region, ensuring that their dietary restrictions -- be they gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP -- are respected to a T.