One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
Prosciutto-wrapped Shrimp with Avocado
GF/DF, Paleo, AIP
Here is a recipe that requires SO little in the way of prep-time.
Always keep a bag of shrimp in the freezer,
a bit of prosciutto in the fridge,
and some dried apricots in the pantry.
That way, you’ll always be ready to whip this delicious little dish up… no muss, no fuss.
- 16-20 cleaned shrimp (tails on)
- 4-5 slices prosciutto
- 8-10 dried apricots
For the sauce
- the juice of one lemon
- 2cm of ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml hot water
- Cut each slice of prosciutto into 4 ; cut first lengthwise, and then each strip in half. Slice your dried apricots in two.
- Wrap each shrimp with one of the pieces of prosciutto, and pin it together on a tooth-pick, with one half of apricot on either end.
- Chill in the fridge until mealtime.
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients except the hot water.
- Pan-fry the shrimp pieces until slightly golden on all sides.
- Finish sauce by adding the hot water and whisk to create an emulsion. Serve hot.
On completion of cooking school in 2018,
Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In the kitchen of her 18th c. stone house, she helps people to adopt (or better adhere to) a gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP diet. Jan is also the producer of the podcast « Bien vivre, sans gluten, en France. »