One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
Sardine / Tomato Toast
— Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free —
Who says that toast is off the table when we’re gluten-free?
If you haven’t yet discovered my gluten-free buckwheat sourdough, then I highly recommend that you start there.
Or, feel free to use your favourite gluten-free bread
for this quick, nutrient-dense appetizer…
2 slices gluten-free bread
1 jar sundried tomatoes
1 can of sardines (in olive oil)
- Place two slices of gluten-free bread in theh toaster.
- Put the entire contents of your jar of sundried tomatoes (oil and all) into a blender and mix well.
- Open your tin of sardines.
- When the toast pops, put a nice thick layer of the tomato mixture on one side of each slice of toast.
- Lay several sardines on top and garnish with whatever fresh herbs you may have on hand.
On completion of cooking school in 2018,
Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In the kitchen of her 18th c. stone house, she helps people to adopt (or better adhere to) a gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP diet. Jan is also the producer of the podcast « Bien vivre, sans gluten, en France. »