One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
— Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free —
1 small yellow onion
1 leek (the green part)
8 cubes frozen spinach
250ml bone broth
sprouted seeds for garnish
- Cut your onion and leeks into small chunks. Put a swig of olive oil in a pan and sweat your alliums over medium heat.
- When you alliums are translucid and soft, add the spinach cubes and bone broth. Let simmer over medium heat until approximately half the liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer the contents of your pan into a blender and mix until smooth, adding 1-2 Tbsp of coconut cream to obtain the desired texture.
- Salt to taste. Distribute into verrine glasses and reserve in the fridge.
- Before serving, garnish with sprouted seeds, according to your taste.
On completion of cooking school in 2018,
Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In the kitchen of her 18th c. stone house, she helps people to adopt (or better adhere to) a gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP diet. Jan is also the producer of the podcast « Bien vivre, sans gluten, en France. »