One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
Sweet Onion & Goat Cheese Bread
This moist, flavourful bread is a keeper…
and highlights two of the products
for which Cévenne producers are known :
sweet onions and goat cheese.
- 3 sweet onions, cut into thin slices
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 50g rice flour
- 50g tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 125ml water
- 120g shredded goat cheese
- In a casserole over medium heat, sweat and caramelize your onions with the olive oil. Remove from heat and allow them to cool somewhat.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients. In a second bowl, combine your eggs and water. Finally, grate your goat cheese.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir just to combine.
- Add onions and goat cheese to the mixture and stir to equally distribute.
- Pour into small bread molds and bake 20-25 minutes, or until the middle bounces back when pressed gently.
On completion of cooking school in 2018,
Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In her home made of stone, she teaches clients to reclaim healthful culinary traditions. Jan hosts visitors to the region, ensuring that their dietary restrictions -- be they GF, Paleo, or AIP -- are respected to a T.