One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
— GF/DF —
Don’t you miss Valentine’s Day from when we were a kid?
I loved the tradition of exchanging Valentine’s cards with all of the kids at school. I loved giving them, and I loved getting them.
This year, I’m saying it with cookies…
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp cold water, as required
- In a small bowl, cream coconut oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a second bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Pour your dry mixture over your creamed mixture, and begin to mix until you can form a ball of dough.
- If the mixture is too dry, add small amounts of cold water until it comes together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350*F.
- Roll your dough out between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Using cookie cutters in the shape of you choice, cut cookies and place on trays according to size.
- Bake 8 minutes at 350*F.
- Once completely cooled, decorate with icing, sprinkles, jam, or icing sugar.
On completion of cooking school in 2018,
Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In the kitchen of her 18th c. stone house, she helps people to adopt (or better adhere to) a gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP diet. Jan is also the producer of the podcast « Bien vivre, sans gluten, en France. »