One of my favourite recipes…
To keep you busy until you’re able to visit me in the Teaching Kitchen,
try this gluten-free / dairy-free, Paleo, and/or AIP recipe that is part of my weekly repertoire.
GF/DF Waffle Cones
Keep a bunch of these on hand,
and the kids will be happy all summer!
(The adults too!)
- 60g rice flour
- 35g buckwheat flour
- 45g tapioca flour
- 5g coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 50g sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Pre-heat your waffle maker.
- In a first mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients; in a second mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Combine the contents of both bowls and mix to obtain a homogenous batter.
- Pour a small ladle of batter (or 1-1/2 Tbsp) on the upper middle of your waffle iron. Close and bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and immediately coil around a cone-shaper.
- Place in a cone-rack to cool.
- Once completely cool, stack and place in an air-tight bag, in an air-tight container.
On completion of cooking school in 2018, Jan Steele (aka La Goose) relocated to the beautiful Cévenne mountains in the South of France. In her 19th century home made of stone, she teaches clients to reclaim healthful culinary traditions from the past. Jan also hosts visitors to the region, ensuring that their dietary restrictions -- be they gluten-free, Paleo, or AIP -- are respected to a T.